Thursday, September 17, 2020

3/22/2017

          A vivid but somehow somber dream: 

         I was hiking in a terrain that was like the canyons of San Diego but a thought occurred to me that I was in the Tuscan hills of Italy. I approached a large dark grey cathedral that was very foreboding. I almost took it for the grey Hindu temples I saw outside Jogjakarta, but it was clearly Christian architecture, Gothic perhaps. Momentarily it gleamed with a film of moss on it, that algal green that forms on stone after a lot of rain. Only flitting, and it turned dark grey again. I moved on and came on a large Eastern city but I could not quite tell if the buildings were Russian or Greek Orthodox churches, having never been to Russia and only seen Greek Orthodox churches in the US. I felt an overwhelming longing or sorrow. There were men in groups, as if guarding them. Four of them passed by. I glimpsed the inside of one of them. A glimmer of an acrylic or oil painting inside.

I woke up feeling as if I had been hiking, my muscles tired but relaxed.  

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home